About Emilie Gomez
- I am Emilie Gomez ABN 51197298731 (I, me, or Emile Gomez) and I’m here to help you be intentionally productive and run your business with ease so that you change the world!
- I am not bound to strictly comply with the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, but I think it is important to show you what info I collect, what I will and won’t do with your personal info, as well as how I collect, store, and handle personal info.
- accessing my Sites (including my website emiliegomez.com.au, my online content on course platforms, and includes my mobile apps & presence on third-party applications as well as social media platforms),
- sending me information (such as an email or enquiry form message),
- buying products & services from me, or
- as set out in my Site Terms.
For questions or notices, please contact me: email@example.com | Policy last updated: December 2021
Collecting & using your information
1. What kind of personal information do I collect?
Examples I can’t contact you if I don’t have your contact details. I can’t deliver products to you if I don’t know what address you want the product delivered to.
Depending on how I interact with you, I might collect some or all the following information:
- Contact: Name, age, email address, date of birth, address, phone number, drivers’ licence, ID card
- Social: Gender, social media platform details, associated accounts like Google and info you give me through them; images of you;
- Device: Device type, IP address, browser type, operating system, location, device, and network information
- Actions: How you interact with my Site, browser session & geolocation data, search queries & browsing behaviour & search history, details of enquiries you make about my products or services
- Financial: Purchase history, payment method (through my third-party payment processor), products purchased, bank account details
- Content: Contents of communications, stored documents & media, any sensitive information (as set out below)
- Location: Delivery address, electronic signature geo-tag location, publicly available check-in location data on social media.
I don’t intentionally collect Sensitive Information.
2. Use: Why do I collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal info?
- To communicate with you, to market products and services to you, to tell you important service updates,
- To verify identity or address and delivery information,
- To provide Site functionality,
- To take payment and to give refunds,
- For internal record keeping, invoicing, and billing,
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve my Site
- For marketing, to send you promotional info about me and my products and services and information about third parties I think you might be interested in,
- To comply with my legal obligations or to resolve disputes,
- To consider your application to join my team.
3. Opting out: Changing your preferences
You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link in my communications to unsubscribe.
How do I store & secure this info?
To help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have general physical, electronic & management processes to securely store personal info & protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification & disclosure.
- I do not guarantee the security of any info transmitted to or by me over the Internet.
- I only retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- You can ask me to delete your personal information.
- In some circumstances, I may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for analytics, research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this anonymised information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Who do I disclose your personal info to?
- my service providers, such as freight and delivery partners, design and marketing partners, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing providers, advisors and payment systems operators
- my employees, contractors, and related entities
- my existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters of competitions I run
- anyone I transfer my business or assets to
- credit reporting agencies, courts, or authorities if you do not pay for my goods or services
- authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help me in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses, including those that store data outside Australia.
6. Disclosure outside Australia
Some suppliers I use to provide you services are located outside Australia. I may disclose your personal info outside Australia. Overseas third parties might not be governed by the Privacy Act and might not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. So if those parties breach the Privacy Principles, you aren’t protected by the Privacy Act.
- By giving me your personal info, you consent to me disclosing it outside Australia and acknowledge I aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal info in line with AU Privacy Law.
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences.
- On their own, cookies do not tell me personal info however, they let others like Google and Facebook, push my adverts to appear on your social media and online media as part of my marketing.
- If you give me personal info, I may link this to the data stored in the cookie.
8. 🚨 Web beacons: Do I use web beacons?
Yes, I may use web beacons on my Site from time to time.
- Web beacons are small pieces of code placed in a web page or email to monitor behaviour of site visitors and email recipients.
- I may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. For more details on how Google uses data when you use third party websites or apps, please search Google’s site.
9. Links to other websites
My Sites have links to other websites & applications that I don’t control. I cannot and do not protect personal info you share with those other websites. Check those other websites for details of their privacy policies.
I will change this Policy if I change the way I manage your personal info changes or privacy laws change. When I do, I put the updated policy on my Sites and, if possible, I also notify you via email.
My commitment to you
11. Your rights and controlling your personal information
- Anonymity: Where practicable I will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with me.
- Unsubscribing: To unsubscribe from my email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact me using the details above or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
- Objecting to processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on my legitimate interests. If this is done, I must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, in order to proceed with the processing of your personal information.
- Access, erasure and data portability: You may have the right to request details of the personal information I hold about you, or to request that I erase the personal information I hold about you, or that I transfer this information to a third party.
- Correction: If you believe that any information I hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact me using the details above. I will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
12. Complaints and questions
Let me know if you have questions or concerns about how I use your personal info or the way I try to explain how I manage your info.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of information you decide to give me.
- If the info I hold about you is incomplete, irrelevant, or otherwise incorrect, please let me know so I can fix it.
- I know I won’t always get things perfect, so I appreciate your feedback to improve.
Created by Checklist Legal